Panel on Science, Cosmology and Metaphysics
Presenters: Kampanad Bhaktikul, Dr Art-Ong Jumsai Na Ayudhaya, Prasart Meetam
The Science, Cosmology, and Metaphysics panelists, after careful deliberation, submit to the assembled Congress the following resolutions:
- The simple discourses given by most famous peacemakers do not seem to be practical enough in the present world.
- The current energy policies bring the world into wars of individual benefit, cause global warming, and expand inequality gaps and local conflicts.
- Different philosophical and religious concepts and beliefs bring about intrapersonal and interpersonal conflicts.
- Sciences usually focus on surroundings but not on the core of human beings.
- Truth cannot be exactly discovered in the universe because everything seems to be changing all the time.
In this impasse, we would like to adopt the following resolutions:
- That more effective methods be seriously implemented to build up individual’s physical and mental happiness.
- That a new renewable energy policy completely without exploitation and environmental destruction be brought into effect. This will include new laws, political will, and involve social participation and social support.
- That the beliefs of the world’s various philosophical and religious traditions serve as the basis for moral teachings and guidance despite the differences between them.
- That considerations of the mind and soul be included in scientific studies as they are as significant as that of surrounding matters; after all, peace starts within us.
- That science education be developed also for human development, not only for feeding the industrial plant.
- That people take care and be mindful not to disturb the existence of other creatures.
- That we leverage world peace conference as an equal to the World Economic Forum, G7, etc. i.e. Peace be a goal as much sought after as economic growth etc.
- That religious leaders be allowed involvement as stakeholders in decision-making on matters that have global consequences (eg. United Nations Environment Program).