Panel on Kinship, Community and Convivial Relations
Presenters: Pakorn Lersatienchai, Cynthia Maung, Lau Kin Chi
- To collect, document and circulate understandings and interpretations of the current crisis in Thailand from the perspectives of various grassroots communities and different social sectors, especially those which are marginalized, so as to make their concerns and plights visible and communicated;
- To seek support and solidarity for actions and interconnections to aid victims of violence and conflicts, and heal divisions within communities and in society;
- To address the structural, systemic and relational issues underlying outbursts of violence and conflict, and to end social inequalities, injustices and oppressions that are the conditions and contexts giving rise to outbursts of conflict;
- To promote reduction of communities’ dependence upon the state or the market, to strive for the spirit and practice of self-reliance, and to regenerate cultures of communities based on trust, care, tolerance and respect;
- To facilitate connections and interactions among the many communities and networks with which members of the World Peace Congress are already involved;
- To utilize low-cost, effective tools such as Facebook, websites or direct exchanges among communities to sustain long term interactions.