PANEL ON GENDER AND PATRIARCHY
PRESENTERS: SEEMA LUITEL, ANUPMA SHARMA, PONGTHORN CHANLEARN
THE WORLD PEACE CONGRESS BELIEVES IN “BUILDING PEACE FROM BELOW.” TO THAT END, THE PANEL ON GENDER AND PATRIARCHY PROPOSES THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTIONS:
- To facilitate formation of a Gender and Social Inclusion Network for advocacy and monitoring at county/regional/international level, which is vital for policy influence and for the necessary advocacy on different issues, more importantly gender issues.
- To empower and involve parents/families of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders (LGBTs) to fight against stigmatization of and discrimination against LGBT persons.
- To sensitize parents and other stakeholders on gender and patriarchy as well as on LGBT through various communication channels (mass media, local/national TV channels, flyers, campaigns, radio, and street drama).
- To provide necessary advocacy on formulation of relevant policies and programmes for the participation of parents of LGBTs across the world.
- To establish that gender should not always be perceived as a women’s issue, because the promotion of gender “as a women’s issue” might alienate men.
- To capture the information, experiences, progress, improvement as well as failures observed at the grassroots level so as to have Micro-Macro level linkages for necessary policy influences and replicating promising practices.