B. The Arts, Culture, Film and Recreation panelists
after careful deliberation on the theme of “Art and Aesthetics: The Contribution of Creativity to World Peace” submit to the assembled Congress the following resolutions:
- Art and media can be a powerful catalyst for personal and social transformation but often does not meet this goal.
- The industry is market driven.
- Consumers participate in the market.
- that parents and educators model and encourage conscious consumption of media via informed media literacy. This includes issues regarding program content AND the harmful physical, emotional and social consequences of inappropriate (age and stage specific) over consumption of commercially produced graphic (screen based) media.
- that producers, directors and actors take responsibility for the impact their works have on the social, emotional and spiritual development of the people who view (consume) their products.
- that leaders in the industry serve as role models to expand their commercial success by creating new forms that are both commercially successful (engaging, entertaining) and socially responsible (in-lightening rather than en-darkening.) And by so doing set a new and higher standard and example for emerging artist.
- that all new emerging forms of media-propaganda clearly state their sponsors.